• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

equal choice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smh33

Laws are not supposed to discriminate and should apply equally to every citizen, right? Can anyone say how it is equal and legal...Roe vs. Wade says/states gov. cannot interfere with a 'person's' right or will to birth or beget a child...thus a woman has a right to choice in becoming a parent....if the law cannot interfere with this choice...how can the law, legally obligate a man to a child? A woman gets a choice...if gov. cannot intervene in the right to birth or beget a child....is mandatory child support not an interference in a person's choice? Is this a viable legal arguement...yes or no, please state reasons. Thanks

CMSC

first of all beget means to father or sire, therefore it is not only the womans right to get pregnant it is also the mans right to help conceive this child. the woman may have the upper hand when it comes to the choice of an abortion or birth but the man has a choice when it comes to adoption or birth...if the woman choses to have the baby are you saying she is responsible to financially support this child but the man is not?
The persons choice in Roe vs. Wade is whether or not the child will be born, however, it is not whether or not the child shall be supported by both who chose to have this child come to life.

S

smh33

Well the decision in Roe states to birth or beget...meaning after the fact of pregnancy, the state has no right to intrude on a choice of parenthood. Also the only reason state cannot prove reason to intrude is because of the controversy of the' compelling point','personhood'...this 'gray' area is what affords the right to choice for women so my question is why does woman get a choice after conception yet man is obligated from conception...the question in Roe is not birth or not, it is fundamental privacy in choice where the gov. has no prevailing interest..as in an interest in potential life. This is why women cannot take drugs or have 3rd tri abortion, because the state's interest in the potential life overrides the woman's right except during this 'questionable' period as state cannot prove an embryo qualifies as a person. I do not agree people should not support thier child but I also do not agree that the liability of support for a joint creation should be one person's decision...the woman. Also a woman can choose adoption, if a man chooses adoption...1st he can only do so if the woman has another'daddy' in place ready to adopt and that still does not assure bio dad will have no financial obligation. my question is about equality in the law and moral judgement...why is it acceptable for a woman to terminate life already in the process of development simply because not wanting to be a parent but if a man does not want parenthood or financial obligation..it is seen as a morally deviant decision. We have women choosing abortion, is it so surprizing to have men not wanting to be a parent? or to be subject to crimminal punishment for an accident child, a woman is not subject to punishment for terminating an accident child...why should a man not have the option to sign away any obligation....is that so different than a woman choosing an abortion....at least the child has life w/ the dad's choice, what does the child get w/ mom's choice? Making it a one sided choice only fuels the path of women having unwanted children for the check. If woman makes the choice of birth alone, why is it not soley her financial responsibility? I think the laws need to support protection and responsibility not reward such by assuring a paycheck.
People may say it is old fashioned but one can't deny history...when it was considered 'shameful' to get pregnant as a teen or unwed woman we did not have as many one sided pregnancies and that is largely due to the way society judged it...now we make excuses for teenagers getting pregnant and seeking abortions w/out parent knowledge...so is that not like society giving the big o.k.? Everyone preaches this 'we should accept all morality' or 'at least the liberals' but how has this worked out better in any area...more drop outs,gangs,school violence,teen pregs,abortions,latch key kids, kids whose parents have no clue what they are doing,etc....I do not see it leading anywhere good.
Also when you say it's not about not supportting a child two have chose to bring into the world, thats where your wrong...just because mom chose birth doesn't mean dad agreed and they are both equally guilty in causing conception so why does woman get the right to the ultimate choice...life or death, yet man gets zero choice, only lifelong financial liability.....and I've yet to hear of the child that money made all the difference in the outcome of life...

CMSC

leaglebeagel, i really am starting to think that you are trying to write this child off and get away with support. Further more I think you should be required by admin to change your name because you are not as smart as the real LegalBeagle on here!:)

L

LegalBeagle7000

that really hurts, comming from a nanny. get a job and get back to me

HomeGuru

ryry's mom said:
leaglebeagel, i really am starting to think that you are trying to write this child off and get away with support. Further more I think you should be required by admin to change your name because you are not as smart as the real LegalBeagle on here!:)

**A: it is ironic because the real Legal Beagle is at least 7000 times smarter than the fake one. Maybe there should be a user name change to LegalBagel7000.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What the hell is this?

Could it be the FreeAdvice version of "What's My Line"? Where's Kitty Carlisle and Orson Bean?

Anouncer: And what is your name?

Number one: "My name is LegalBeagle"

Number two: "My name is LegalBeagle"

Number three: "My name is LegalBeagle"

"LegalBeagle" states in his biography that he's a dog trainer and legal scholar. What makes his occupation so unusual is that while parachuting from 39,000 feet, he'll wash and blow dry your dog, and your dog will be completely clean before it touches ground!

Okay, Kitty, you start and have 30 seconds on the clock . . .

Kitty Carlisle: LegalBeagle number two - - are you drunk right now?

IAAL

CMSC

LOL! I still think there should be a ban on people using similar names as others! Do you know how much mail I get for RY's mom's issues? More than I would care to!LOL

Poor legalbeagle7000, please let us know when you sue the government for making you pay support for a child that you don't want...I would like to sit in on that hearing! I think i know a poster who could help you, her name is firstmom and you two would hit it off great with all of your lawsuits! :p

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LegalBeagle said:
"hard to stand up when I have my front paws around your leg.."

========================================

My response:

Yes!

That's the REAL LegalBeagle!

Wow, we missed you around here. Where the heck have you been for months and months? Is everything okay?

Just real nice to see you back. Are you going to stick around for awhile?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">