• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How serious are these charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zybomb

I have a NEw York drivers license and I had been arrested for a dui. I blew only a .067 but I'm 20 years old so ifyou are under 21 there is zero tolerance. I was arraigned and given a court date a month later. Two weeks later I was stopped driving in NEw JErsey. I didn't know what to tell the cop. I said that I didn't have my license on me and gave him a name of a kid that looked like me and his date of birth. The only problem was this kid didn't have a license. So the cop knew I was lying and arrested me after finding out who I really was. It turned out my license hadn't even been suspended yet because the paperwork didn't go through. What consequences am I looking at for giving a fake name? Do I need a lawyer? The cops said it'd just be a fine and that's all but now Im not so sure....Both cases are still open. What should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">