• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sleep driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

verla

i live in texas i drove while sleep walking, had an accident and also apparently refused to stop and give information, was arrested and charged with dwi and refusing to stop how do i go about defending myself when i have no memory of the incident at all?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

verla said:
i live in texas i drove while sleep walking, had an accident and also apparently refused to stop and give information, was arrested and charged with dwi and refusing to stop how do i go about defending myself when i have no memory of the incident at all?
My response:

We can't defend people from this web site. You'll need to hire a local attorney.

When did you wake up - - after the accident, or after you were arrested?

What was the "stimulus" that woke you up ?

Had you been diagnosed as a sleep-walker prior to this incident?

IAAL

M

Mikedani

I can relate,
I slept through bad 10 year marrage once. But then I woke up.
I don't remember nothin either.
Good luck.

in can relate, when i was in the service on board ship i would sleep walk. they said i was faking it for a discharge. the guys would look after me and woke me up before i could hurt myself(there were some embarassing situations in 2 years).I once woke(almost ran aground) up during my helm watch and did not remember reporting to the bridge nor did i know what heading i was supposed to be on. one doc said it stress, and once i left the ship for land duty it stopped. did he give you a breathalizer? good luck

R

RedneckRoy

You ain't no sleep walker. There ain't no way ya could of stayed asleep after the accident happened. I'm a bonafide sleep walker and have even driven my truck while asleep. You go ahead and try to use that as a defense and dem lawyers and doctors are going to tear you apart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">