• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help With Jurisdiction FL or CA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scrwdinCA

I live in CA, Case is in FL

I have been battling a paternity case for about 2 years now. Please allow me to explain situation then I will ask questions I will try and keep it Brief.

Child was conceived in CA. Mother (CP) lives in Fl. Mother has child in FL I agree to blood test two days after child is born. CP and lawyer refuse to take blood test stating they want me to just admit child is mine sign all parental rights away pay and pay child support. My attorneys say no way without blood test. Go to court judge dismisses case do to fact child was conceived in CA. CP appeals she gets different judge stating child was conceived in Fl. Original dismissal over turned. This happens three different times . Original judge gets same case back dismisses on same reason as first time Subject matter jurisdiction . When cp appeals ever time she changes her story to make it seem I have been traveling and seeing her every other week for years. My attorneys show proof that I did not travel as she implied. Original judge at this time (3rd) believes CP stating I had minimum number of contacts with state. Judge orders blood test I take, child is mine go to court temp support hearing I go I start paying. Now Judge is pissed at me for “Wasting Time with such easy Paternity case”. Judge is the one who dismisses case Three times. Final trial is coming up CP wants me to pay an excess of 30k in Fee’s. I have a feeling Judge will side with CP.

Question is If this happens can I Appeal judges decision in FL or in CA . CA should have jurisdiction on this case. Second question is whom can I make a complaint to regarding the judge

Did I mention she applied for state aid and CA District Attorneys office is reserving the right to charge me support. Sorry so long I am doing a little venting but I need all the help I can get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">