• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Need4law

i have recieved a dui in North Dakota on January 27, 2002. i am underage and was in an accident because i lost control when i slammed on my brakes to miss a deer. i went to the hospital and had my blood taken and it showed a .07. it is now march 6 and i have not recieved anything showing when i have to appear in court. how long can they wait?

J

Jason Bentley

usually 90 days but it depends on the statute in n. dakota. i would call an attorney in ND for advice.

N

Need4law

i am not sure on what you mean by a waiver, i didn't sign anything.

H

Humble Warrior

A "Rule 1100" waiver......it waives your right to a speedy trial. You basically give the courts 364 days to get you in a court-room,and find evidence of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
In short......they can kick back ,and watch you twitch like a mud-skipper for 364 days......THEN smoke your ass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">