• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dishonest business partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dhansen

Utah- My husband and his brother are partners in an LLC retail store. My husband owns 25% and his brother owns 75%. The business was given to them by their father. The brother's brother-in-law is the accountant. We have requested copies of financial records several times because we are aware of some transactions that his brother may have made that netted a large profit, he did these behind my husbands back, and pocketed all of the profits. We also have records of some other dishonest conduct. His brother has stated that he does not have to share all information because he is the larger interest holder, and he refuses my husband access to most information. What type of attorney do we need to hire to help us gain access to this information, also what type of suit can we file so that my husband is treated fairly while in business with his very dishonest brother. One more thing, his brother has traded product for his truck, his mobile home and his ATV, does he owe my husband anything for these transactions. He also uses company funds to purchase items that he states are for the business and then takes them to his home. As the smaller share holder, what are our rights. We would also like to request that the brother-in law no longer keep the books, either that or allow us to retain an accountant od our own as well. We desperately need advice. Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">