• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failed to file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

Indiana

A friend of mine said she recieved a letter from the state ABC stating they couldnt' reinstate her lisence do to "unpaid tax liabilities." She believes it stems back to the years of 1999 and 2000. She said she went and had her federal taxes done but not her state and she had them figured but never mailed them(she's not the brightest crayon in the box). At any rate both years the state OWED her and as I said not being the brightest person thought was no big deal for she wasn't taking their money. Now this! How does she go about finding out about it and what can be done to her about it?

L

loku

First, she should file the tax forms for those years. Next, she should contact the ABC and find out if the problem is the state income taxes from 1999 and 2000; if it is, she should tell the ABC that she has a refund due from the state.

She may have to wait for a clearance from the state.

tigger22472

How would she go about finding out what she made etc... ? Also even if money was owed to her can they make her pay? Although I know it's not right but it's seems a bit stupid for them to go after her if she let them have the money in the first place.

L

loku

She can get the info she needs from the federal returns she filed for those years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">