• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need 10-99 advice. also small business.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

osirus143

anyone out there......I have been told to do small contract work I must fill out a 10-99. I have been technically unemployed since 2000, but have been trying to start my own computer consulting firm. What do I neec to do as far as business legalities or doing my tax forms correctly? your help would be greatly [email protected]

L

loku

You may either have to send out or receive 1099s, depending on payments you make and payments you receive. I suggest you get IRS Pub 583, Starting a Business and Keeping Records, which you can download at the IRS site at: http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/forms_pubs/index.html

Pub 583 will tell you what you need to know when you start your own business, including when 1099s are necessary. There are also references in the Publication to other publications that could help you at one time or another.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">