• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ch.7 and foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curtisd

does ch.7 protect you from owing any money to the mort.co.if they foreclose?

L

loku

Ch 7 would usually protect you from owing any money to the mortgage company after they foreclose, but it would not prevent them from foreclosing and taking the property.

C

curtisd

i'd of never thought of that-seriously though- i am paying the monthly payments,but they want the 2 mos.i got behind on caught up by the 28th.i just don't have it right now and they don't seem willing to negotiate

L

loku

If the mortgage terms give them the right to foreclose in such a situation, then there is no way I know of to stop them, other than making the payment.

C

curtisd

maybe they'll listen to reason when i tell them about all the undisclosed damage,code violations,and hazardous material the seller neglected to mention-now that i think they may be doing me a favor,what was i thinking?

L

loku

I doubt the bank will be concerned about the sales transaction. Their claim depends on the fact that they lent the money. That is all they would have to prove. What went on between the seller and you is not their concern.

However, you may have a cause of action against the seller.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">