• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Re: Florida Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dsut

You know something? That stuff happens a lot more often than you can imagine. Don't sweat it. It sucks, but your money is good elsewhere. Don't be so down on yourself. Just don't be so verbal next time, ok?

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

S

Snidely

You know something? That stuff happens a lot more often than you can
imagine. Don't sweat it. It sucks, but your money is good elsewhere.
Don't be so down on yourself. Just don't be so verbal next time, ok?

---------------------------------------------

FloridaMom,

I have to agree with "dsut". What's even worst is when the store detectives are following YOU!! I have been "stalked" in stores by some pretty obvious "shop cops", and who's to say just how many, I wasn't aware of! :) Luckily I could just laugh at the thought since I've got higher standards than to go on a five finger discount spree!

Your case brings up a point, though different from your situation, that you may not have considered. I knew I was being watched one night while I shopped for groceries. An older man who had been shopping as long as I had would go up 2 isles along with me..then drop back, only to catch up to me again.. I shop for 2 weeks worth of food at a time, so you can bet in the days of coupons...I had been in the store for a good 45 minutes and his cart had maybe 3 items! I wondered WHY do I come off so suspicious to draw the attentions of the store detective? Well, as I left my cart "unattended" along with my purse, a woman came out of no where and advised me, quickly and under her breath, "Don't leave your purse in your cart". I was confused as to why she would say that and keep on walking never looking back.

Needless to say I heeded her advice and bee-lined for my purse. Several isles later the old man was still casing me. A stock boy was stocking shelves....so I laughed and asked him..."So, is this guy behind me a detective or WHAT?!" This is where the moral comes in.....

He proceeded to tell me that there had been half a dozen purse snatchings that had taken place IN the store over the last 3 nights! One was a pregnant woman who managed to latch on to it at the last moment and the guy drug her around finally kicking her several times to get her to release the stupid thing. The old guy was aware that I was leaving my purse on several occasions and was simply watching out for my welfare. The woman in passing was also a store cop with some quick advice. So, while you had a humiliating situation transpire. Remember....they are also in the wings in case a situation arises where you need help. At least now you'll know how to recognize 'em. There around more than you know!!

Good luck, keep your chin up! :D

Snidely

S

Snidely

You know something? That stuff happens a lot more often than you can
imagine. Don't sweat it. It sucks, but your money is good elsewhere.
Don't be so down on yourself. Just don't be so verbal next time, ok?

---------------------------------------------

FloridaMom,

I have to agree with "dsut". What's even worst is when the store detectives are following YOU!! I have been "stalked" in stores by some pretty obvious "shop cops", and who's to say just how many, I wasn't aware of! :) Luckily I could just laugh at the thought since I've got higher standards than to go on a five finger discount spree!

Your case brings up a point, though different from your situation, that you may not have considered. I knew I was being watched one night while I shopped for groceries. An older man who had been shopping as long as I had would go up 2 isles along with me..then drop back, only to catch up to me again.. I shop for 2 weeks worth of food at a time, so you can bet in the days of coupons...I had been in the store for a good 45 minutes and his cart had maybe 3 items! I wondered WHY do I come off so suspicious to draw the attentions of the store detective? Well, as I left my cart "unattended" along with my purse, a woman came out of no where and advised me, quickly and under her breath, "Don't leave your purse in your cart". I was confused as to why she would say that and keep on walking never looking back.

Needless to say I heeded her advice and bee-lined for my purse. Several isles later the old man was still casing me. A stock boy was stocking shelves....so I laughed and asked him..."So, is this guy behind me a detective or WHAT?!" This is where the moral comes in.....

He proceeded to tell me that there had been half a dozen purse snatchings that had taken place IN the store over the last 3 nights! One was a pregnant woman who managed to latch on to it at the last moment and the guy drug her around finally kicking her several times to get her to release the stupid thing. The old guy was aware that I was leaving my purse on several occasions and was simply watching out for my welfare. The woman in passing was also a store cop with some quick advice. So, while you had a humiliating situation transpire. Remember....they are also in the wings in case a situation arises where you need help. At least now you'll know how to recognize 'em. There around more than you know!!

Good luck, keep your chin up! :D

Snidely

F

FL Mom : )

I PROMISE no more lengthy posts! Thank-You BOTH for the advice and understanding. It came at a much needed time! The store really is NOT worth my time. I am sure I am just a drop in the bucket to them! K-Mart is looking really good right now! Again, I can't thank you two who replied enough. It helped restore my faith that there are genuine, good people still out there!
Guesss What? I'm done, not bad huh? I kept it short!! : ) Vicky

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">