• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

citizens arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bumdog

I got into a arguement with my Persian boss and challenged him to a fight. Is that illegal.

Also if he does charge me can I make a citizens on him for calling me a nigger?

D

dsut

Bumdog, it is my understanding that you have to have actual first hand knowledge of the person commiting a felony to be able to place him/her under citizen's arrest. Of course, you didn't state what state you're in either. And that could very well be different in each state. But calling your boss out for a fight? Sounds foolish to me. But I must confess that if I were in your shoes, with what you have said so far, I would have done the same thing.

Just because he calls you a "nigger" does not mean you can arrest him or have him arrested. But, if he is your employer, I'd say contact the EEOC and get a lawyer. Racial discrimination is illegal in the USA. He can do what he wants in his home contry, but this is the west, not the east.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">