• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the rights for defending self

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tracer_2000

My brother who was living in Mo. is being charged with armed criminal action and assult
in 1st degree. It started on the day his friend(who is on SS for being mentally ill)was drinking a hit my brothers house. He didn't want him to get in trouble so didn't say anything. Well later that night he just walked in the house and wanted my brother to take him to go get something and my brother said no and he said he would kill them, and went at him with a knife so my brother shot him, my niece and sister-in law where there but went to the bedroom. anyways he lived ,the guy he shot, the police waited around 9 or 10 months and charged him, can you not defend yourself when someone does that. The man he shot was also on probation for assault. That man is crazy. Can anyone help.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tracer_2000:
My brother who was living in Mo. is being charged with armed criminal action and assult
in 1st degree. It started on the day his friend(who is on SS for being mentally ill)was drinking a hit my brothers house. He didn't want him to get in trouble so didn't say anything. Well later that night he just walked in the house and wanted my brother to take him to go get something and my brother said no and he said he would kill them, and went at him with a knife so my brother shot him, my niece and sister-in law where there but went to the bedroom. anyways he lived ,the guy he shot, the police waited around 9 or 10 months and charged him, can you not defend yourself when someone does that. The man he shot was also on probation for assault. That man is crazy. Can anyone help.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He needs to get a public defender or a private attorney to raise the issue of self defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">