• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Sentencing Grid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deceit

How is an offense level of 15 determined in a case where there are 4 counts shared between bank fraud and consiracy to commit bank fraud? Also how is a criminal history category of 3 determined? Does the 3 mean that this person has a prior criminal record? I am going to read my boyfriends court file tomorrow without his knowledge and I want to be prepared for what I might find out.

T

Tracey

Offense level refers to the seriousness of the crime. A little cocaine is bad, 200 kilos is really really bad, murder is somewhere in between. The criminal history is based on past convictions & concurrent convictions. If he was charged with 4 counts, the history score of 3 may refer to the other 3 counts. The judgment & sentence or presentence report will say what crimes make up the history.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">