• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to know what's going to happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nickwills

Hello, I am a 21 year old college senior in Colorado, I work part time to get me through school. I had no criminal record before last Sunday. Last sunday I got arrested for 1. Obstructing a Police Officer(ran from police- I gave myself up very quickly) 2. Third Degree Criminal trespassing 3. Theft of a real estate sign, 4. Possession of 1 oz of Marijuana and 5. Possession of drug paraphenalia(pipes and a scale). I went to jail for running from the police and had 300 dollar bond. I was very cooperative after I gave myself up and in questioning. What kinds of sentences/punishments should I expect? If I get jail time can i get the sentence deferred to a stopping point in my education? What kinds of plea bargains can I attempt to make? What fines should I expect? I am very concerned about finishing my education and I know I made a very large mistake that night. I would virtually be unable to continue school if I do not complete this coming semester. I know what I did was wrong and i am willing to do a lot of community service and be on probation for 15 years taking drug tests everyday as long as I can be assured that I will be able to finish school. Any information will be helpful. Thank you and God bless.

T

Tracey

Get an attorney immediately. You have to make the drug charge go away if you ever hope to get another student loan.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">