• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cfreese1977

My house was robbed while my 16 year old son was home. The 2 adults and 2 juv. forced their way into my house (my son was in the carport at the time). They went through the house looking through drawers for money. When they didn't find any one of the robbers forged 2 checks with my wifes name on them and physically forced my son to their car. The robber showed my son a pistol but did not make any verbal threat. He took my son to the bank and instructed him to look happy and cash the check and ask for a sucker. My son did as he was told. They went to another bank to do the same thing except my son refused to endorse the second check, so one of the robbers endorsed the check and went into the bank with my son to cash the check. Since my son did not physically resist can my son be held liable for the two checks? And what charges can the robbers be brought up on?

T

Tracey

Assuming your son can get a jury to believe that story, he can raise the defense of duress. Physical resistance is not necessary when the person has a gun.

The robbers can be charged with your state's versions of: home invasion, armed robbery, residential burglary, theft, forgery, kidnapping, & maybe bank robbery.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">