• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used motorcycle laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tswatkowski

Is there such a thing as a lemon law for used motorcycles?

J

justathought

You have failed to include your state.

That said, many lemon laws apply only to new vehicle purchases. For many locations, it is "buyer beware" and your failing to obtain an independent evaluation leaves you SOL as used vehicles are most commonly sold "as is".

I say "for many locations" because I am in one of the places that offer recourse for a used vehicle only if it does not pass inspection within x days of purchase.

But where are you?

ravirip

Motorcycle purchased in NY, but registered in VT

Hi,

I'm a Vermonter trying to get some advice on how to proceed with a lemon (a 1980 motorcycle) that I purchased from a New Yorker. The motorcycle would not start 5 miles after it left the seller's house, but the seller would not take it back. It was sold "as is", but the description on eBay didn't suggest any indications of problems. The bike is still in a repair shop 120 miles between my place in VT and the sellers place in NY. Is there any recourse that I can pursue, such as suing the seller in a small claims court?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Ravi

racer72

Why are you hijacking a 5 year old thread? The answer to your question, enjoy your 27 year old motorcycle after you pay for the repairs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">