• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil right of due process of law.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

COM

this is my first visit to this forum. i believe that my right of due process of law was violated on a few fronts.

the underlying case is also a civil rights case. i am a disabled 53 year old woman with 20 years of employment at the same major corporation. i applied for a contractual medical leave, but was fired. i have a genetic major depressive chronic condition, which is a disability under ADA. it has been diagnosed and treated, mostly ineffectively since 1990.

i have over 10 years of medical documentation and letters. fortunately, my condition is under better control now, with new medical research and medications. i can almost hear you thinking; if it is genetic, why only the last 10 years? because the % statistics for depression are greater with age and also in women....overwhelmingly so!!...another discriminatory aspect.

i don't mean to digress into the minutia. i mention it here because i have been told that because of my extended illness, there should be tolling of statutes of limitations. cognitive impairments are a hallmark of depressive illnesses. i have a difficult time sorting the essential information, remembering, organizing, prioritizing, judging etc....all essential to having the ability for self-defense, even to procure competent counsel.

the situation is that i was a member of a labor union. i followed the administrative process. my union grievance never went to arbitration. i filed a..... they are closing here at the library. i will write more tomorrow. thank you for caring!

nevertheless, i have filed papers in courts of law
as early as 1990.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">