• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guns and no license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

silworries

From new jersey

MY BIL just moved back to NJ from Florida - he has a handgun and some sort of shotgun./ I believe he brought them back to new jersey and never bothered to obtain a licencse here in NJ for them.

Without rocking the boat how would I go about finding if he has a license for them. I can't come right out and ask him or my husband as I will be told its none of my business which under normal circumstances i would agree however, the reason I am so concerened about it is because there is talk that he may want to store them in my house until he gets a permenant apartment (he is curently staying with friends). I have a young child and do not want them in the house, however if they are brought in to the house I want to make sure they are in a gun safe(I know for a fact he does not have one of these) and that they are properly licensed.

Any advise is much appreciated.

C

CombatTN88

silworries said:
From new jersey

MY BIL just moved back to NJ from Florida - he has a handgun and some sort of shotgun./ I believe he brought them back to new jersey and never bothered to obtain a licencse here in NJ for them.

Without rocking the boat how would I go about finding if he has a license for them. I can't come right out and ask him or my husband as I will be told its none of my business which under normal circumstances i would agree however, the reason I am so concerened about it is because there is talk that he may want to store them in my house until he gets a permenant apartment (he is curently staying with friends). I have a young child and do not want them in the house, however if they are brought in to the house I want to make sure they are in a gun safe(I know for a fact he does not have one of these) and that they are properly licensed.

If he wants to store guns in your house, that is your business.

My advice is for him to store his weapons over U HAUL Storage place away from your house especially with your kid.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">