• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 Yr. Old Daughter Is A Thief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reg7783

On Friday I learned that my 17 year old daughter was fired after admitting to stealing $1400 worth of merchandise from the retail store where she worked part time.
My daughter became a suspect when she returned $400 worth of merchandise without a receipt to another store. She was questioned for 2 hours by company employees and signed a confession admitting to a total of $1400 in theft and an agreement to pay restitution. The store made a verbal agreement not to prosecute.
My daughter has $1100 in merchandise in her possestion. She has tentatively agreed to bring in the merchandise next week and pay the balance of the restitution in cash. I am worried that by showing up to the store with this merchandise that she is handing over the hard evidence that could be used to prosecute her. They will not give me a copy of her signed statement or any type of release from prosecution. I am extremely disappointed in my daughter and what she did is clearly wrong. But I don't want to see her make a mistake that could result in a criminal record. HELP

D

dsut

Sorry to say, but your kid made her own bed, now she's gotta sleep in it. But hey, she's a juvie. Her record shouldn't carry ove to her adult record. IF she's keeps her nose clean, that is.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">