• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statuatory rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelpen77

my son is going to be 21 on jan 19th 2001 his girlfriend is going to be 16 in sept 2000, we live in arizona, her parents have been letting these two be together for 3 years,she is now 2 months pregnant, this is the second time she has been pregnant by my son, they have been living with her parents. if they decide to prosecute my son, what course should he take and what sentence can he get? maximum? minimum?

T

Tracey

When she was under 15, it was a class 2 felony. When she was over 15, it was a class 6 felony.

Sentences:
When victim is 12-14 yrs old & defendant is 18 or older: 20 years
When victim is 15 yrs or older: .5 - 1.5 years

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

K

koolaid

as long as her parents knew they would be tightning the rope on thier necks also due to the fact they let it happen i'm 17 and i have a 5 year old son his dad was over 18 when i had him they didn't do anything to him but that is here in missouri all they did was court order child support and told my mom she alowed him to live with me in her home so she was to fault also she allowed it to happen

T

Tracey

Her parents can be charged as accessories to statutory rape. They encouraged, aided & abetted their daughter to have sex with someone over 18.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

D

dsut

meee, I think you should learn to control your language. Refering to a young woman's physical attributes as you have is very inappropriate. Please consider that there are people that come here that I'm sure are a bit more sensitive than yourself.

If I was your daddy meee, I'd take my belt off to you for what you said.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

R

riley

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mee:
Did you son KNOW she was 15?

Did she like HAVE BIG BOOBS so he thought she was 18?

Then he's safe.

===============================
You always seem to have something to say, but nothing you say is helpful. This is for people to share experiences, and possibly get help. All you do is put people down. Go away! We don't have time to read your answers!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L

lawrat

I am law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

And may i say thinking she is 18 is usually never a defense in statutory rape. It is the fact she is under the age of majority and having sexual relations with the person under the age of majoity that makes it a crime.

M

mee

HEY dont MEN have any rights anymore?

If she lied about her age, and had a body that NO ONE would think she was 15...

Should she be just as liable for the consequences.

========================================

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

And may i say thinking she is 18 is usually never a defense in statutory rape. It is the fact she is under the age of majority and having sexual relations with the person under the age of majoity that makes it a crime.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

dsut

I'll be damned! Mee, you actually got a good point there. But it still doesn't change the law. Just because he may have THOUGHT she was 18+ does not mean he's innocent.

I have to agrre with you mee. There are a lot of girls out there that are underage yet they go around sleeping with men. Yet what happens when they get caught? The guy gets prison and she get the "victim" role. Then the feminazis get fuel for their male bashing. It's stupid. It really is. Just because they are underage does not mean they don't know what they are doing. They do a lot of the time. They do it because it's illegal and if caught they don't get into too much trouble. And if they get pregnant they can sue the guy. So all it is, I think, is a free ticket in life that they're looking for.

Hell, I would never want a free tinket in life. Takes the fun of living away. But think. Think before you stick your pocket rocket in someone's socket.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dsut:
I'll be damned! Mee, you actually got a good point there. But it still doesn't change the law. Just because he may have THOUGHT she was 18+ does not mean he's innocent.

I have to agrre with you mee. There are a lot of girls out there that are underage yet they go around sleeping with men. Yet what happens when they get caught? The guy gets prison and she get the "victim" role. Then the feminazis get fuel for their male bashing. It's stupid. It really is. Just because they are underage does not mean they don't know what they are doing. They do a lot of the time. They do it because it's illegal and if caught they don't get into too much trouble. And if they get pregnant they can sue the guy. So all it is, I think, is a free ticket in life that they're looking for.

Hell, I would never want a free tinket in life. Takes the fun of living away. But think. Think before you stick your pocket rocket in someone's socket.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Good point, or bad point - - LoudRich aka Mee tends to make most everything he says into an X-Rated response. It's not so much that he responds, but rather his phraseology is such that more than a few of us are concerned about or put off by.

You see, LoudRich seems to believe that these Boards are "Adult" Boards, and that children don't browse here. But they do.

That's why we should all say "Goodbye" to LoudRich, because come Monday morning, he's history from these Boards. So, bye-bye to you LoudRich - - you've long overstayed your welcome. We'll handle things here in your absence.

A SMALL REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLING OF SOME OF THE MORE FORGETTABLE POSTS BY "MEE" aka "LOUDRICH":

mee
unregistered posted July 30, 2000 03:04 AM

Take the offer because you are a WUSS.
any normal person would be fighting mad about the low amount but you are not, so take it and its over with.
then you can go bankrupt in a few years, becuase you were a WUSS and had no guts to fight for your son.
mee
unregistered posted July 30, 2000 02:15 AM

Did you son KNOW she was 15?
Did she like HAVE BIG BOOBS so he thought she was 18?
Then he's safe.
mee
unregistered posted July 30, 2000 02:06 AM

well where the hellll were you at 3am?
in a bar, or having sex? that would help or not help your case.
===================================
mee
unregistered posted July 30, 2000 02:03 AM

Hopefully LIFE, since the jerk is guilty.
Why oh why do you ask? you love the loser?
===================================
mee
unregistered posted July 28, 2000 07:31 PM

YO YO YO
call the local tv stations and embarass the assssshole employer.....
===========================
meee
unregistered posted July 23, 2000 11:20 PM

Hey worried DAD......
you are a SCUMBAG thats why she wont let you see the kid....
So please tell us what is so damn important that you have to work 7 days a week?
Are you on the verge of a vaccine for Aids? or Cancer? i would be sypathetitc...
=================================
mee
unregistered posted July 30, 2000 02:56 AM

HEY TDDJJL
HMMMMM 20 YEARS OLD AND INTOXICATED
AND YOU THINK SHE IS AN INNOCENT VICTIM?
Why didnt she come home?
Why didnt she scream if she was taken advantage of? it was at a party.
She was just plain Horny and got some.
And why should she get FREE medical coverage?
She refuses to name the father, and she doenst want the father in her life... well tell her to get off her assss and find a JOB and you take care of the kid and pay for the medical bills.
==============================
mee
unregistered posted July 29, 2000 05:11 PM

HEY PUDETTE
GROW UP..PAY YOUR OWN WAY IN SOCIETY, AND GUESS WHAT?
THE CHANCES OF YOU WINDING UP WITH A SCUM BAG BOYFRIEND LIKE THAT DROPS DRAMATICALLY
======================

Oh, and when you change your name again to something else, we'll be getting rid of your posts then, also. You can change your name, but you can't change who you are.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited July 31, 2000).]

D

dsut

Thank you IAAL, as I have been debating over contacting the admin for this problem. Although I have wondered if LoudRich/mee is actually some kid that has nothing better to do than act like he has.

------------------

L

lostsouls

NO actually if you think about it a minute,
The answers are the kinds of questions most normal people would ask, under their breath!

Do men have any rights to a lying underage girl?

When a woman is abused 99% of them have no money no job no skills..... And thats what abusers look for, helpless financially dpendent broke women..

I think thats good advice how not to attract the next jerk.

The mother files for sole custody...just what is so important he has to work 7 days a week...?

A woman get fired for taking time off to give her dying brother a kidney..and you get mad at meeee, istead of the employer...

IAAL....sorry but sometimes serious drastic action is needed to right a wrong!

========================================

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dsut:
Thank you IAAL, as I have been debating over contacting the admin for this problem. Although I have wondered if LoudRich/mee is actually some kid that has nothing better to do than act like he has.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear DSUT:

As you may know, in the past I have really tried reasoning with LoudRich aka Mee over the issue of his profane use of words. I've even acknowledged to him that the substance of his posts are, for the most part, good. He replied to me saying that he would clean up his act; and I believed him. However, rather than "cleaning up", he resurfaced as "Mee" or other variations on that name, and has continued with his barrage of name-calling and cursing, and in some instances, rather graphic descriptions - - some of which you read above.

Well, now, most of his posts are gone from the boards, and we are still in the process, at this moment, of getting rid of the rest.

Be assured, he will resurface under a new name. When he does, there are standing orders to delete everything he writes. He has lost his privileges to these Boards.

I do not take these matters lightly, because I really want everyone to have their "say" - - but, LoudRich/Mee has just gone too far, and globally deleting him and his posts is much easier than waiting for a good post from him.

Perhaps, when he sees all of his posts gone, and all of his "work" and writing was for nothing, he'll finally get the hint to go away. But, just in case he doesn't, we are watching for his next appearance, and will take immediate action. Maybe then, he'll finally give up, because his posts will only be very shortlived, realizing that his posts are a waste of his time.

So, goodbye "Mee".

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">