• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales Tax Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcrandy

I have a business in California and have not paid sales tax for 97,98,99,00.01 The business is shoe string and has only had aprox. 7,000 gross sales per year. No filings have been done at all for this business. I was told that if you do not make atleast $10,000.00 per year that you do not have to file federal or state tax returns. Its obvious that sales tax should of been paid so what should I do at this point. There has been a call from state asking why no filings are showing up.
Will the state seize the business and bank accounts or will I be able to file and make payment plan to pay the owed sales taxes and penalties?
Its even more complicated the business is not a sole proprietor business but is owned by a Delaware Corporation.

L

loku

You were told wrong: you do have to file federal and state tax returns each year for a corporation. And you do have to collect and pay sales tax on in-state sales. There could be very severe penalties for failure to file and for failure to collect and pay the sales tax.

YOU NEED TO HIRE A CPA OR TAX ATTORNEY TO HELP YOU BEFORE YOU END UP IN SERIOUS DIFFICULTIES.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">