• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should my angry sister report her no good ex boyfriend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brooklyn, PA

Hello. My sister use to date an inmate and during them being boyfriend and girlfriend he would once in a while talk to her about escaping. She would try her very best to talk him out of it but it looked like he had it all planned out. She even told him that if he went through with it and showed up at her house that she would call the cops to come pick him up. She told him she wanted no part of his plan. Any way now they're NOT seeing eachother anymore and she still fears he might escape. Should she tell the authorities about it. I would think it's her civil duty to inform them of his possible plan to escape. Her ex boyfriend is currently serving time in a GA prison, and she was thinking of not only contacting his prison but the "GA State Parole Board" as well, and letting them know what's going on. She of course would NOT reveal her identity to them cause she wants her contacting them to be confidental. He's suppose to be up for parole in two years.
I also have another question are all prison calls made by inmates monitored, recorded and kept on file? Thanks for your help...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brooklyn, PA:
Hello. My sister use to date an inmate and during them being boyfriend and girlfriend he would once in a while talk to her about escaping. She would try her very best to talk him out of it but it looked like he had it all planned out. She even told him that if he went through with it and showed up at her house that she would call the cops to come pick him up. She told him she wanted no part of his plan. Any way now they're NOT seeing eachother anymore and she still fears he might escape. Should she tell the authorities about it. I would think it's her civil duty to inform them of his possible plan to escape. Her ex boyfriend is currently serving time in a GA prison, and she was thinking of not only contacting his prison but the "GA State Parole Board" as well, and letting them know what's going on. She of course would NOT reveal her identity to them cause she wants her contacting them to be confidental. He's suppose to be up for parole in two years.
I also have another question are all prison calls made by inmates monitored, recorded and kept on file? Thanks for your help...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

No, calls cannot be monitored or recorded - - Constitutional right of privacy - - except in the most severe of circumstances. This is especially so because an inmate might need to speak with his/her attorney by telephone.

Insofar as escaping, you can rest easy. There hasn't been an escape from a Georgia prison since "Cool-Hand Luke" was filmed, and even then, he was caught and shot at the end of the movie.

Seriously, if he can get through two layers of 15 foot tall fences with razor wire on top, and at the bottom between the fences, that surrounds the prison, and still live to tell about it, then he deserves to be free. If an inmate didn't dream, and make plans of escape by digging a hole, or climbing a fence, they'd go stir crazy. If you ask any inmate, they'll all tell you they have a "plan" and they're all innocent. Let him dream.

Sleep well - - he's not going anywhere until they let him out.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited August 01, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">