• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DRUNK DRIVER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LEONARD1

THERE IS A PERSON IN COMMUNITY WHO HAS 6 DUI'S; 3 IN VA AND 3 IN TN; SHE WAS RECENTLY CHGED 2 WEEKS AGO WITH 2 FELONIES FOR DRUNK DRIVING; SH ALSO WAS ADJ A HABITUAL OFFENDER IN FEB OF LAST YEAR AND THEN CAUGHT AGAIN IN FEB AND SPENT 47 DAYS IN JAIL THIS YEAR; ANYWAY 4 NIGHTS AGO SHE WENT TO JAIL AGAIN FOR DRIVING REVOKED. AND TODAY THIS LADY IS DRIVING AGAIN.....SHE DRIVES EVERYDAY
LIKE SHE HAD 10 DRIVER'S LICENSES..........
WHY DO THEY KEEP ALLOWING HER TO DO THIS?
SHOULD THAT NOT REVOKE HER BOND? ANYWAY I HEARD YESTERDAY FROM A NEIGHBOR THAT SHE IS LEAVING THE STATE IN 10 DAYS BEFORE HER 3 FELONY TRIAL COMES UP AT THE END OF AUGUST
I WOULD CALL THE POLICE BUT I'M SCARED OF GETTING ACCUSED OF HARASSMENT BECAUSE WE HAVE CALLED THEM LATELY EVERY TIME WE SEE HER DRIVING AND I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO GET IN TROUBLE BECAUSE I KNOW SHE THINKS I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS REPORTED HER.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEONARD1:
THERE IS A PERSON IN COMMUNITY WHO HAS 6 DUI'S; 3 IN VA AND 3 IN TN; SHE WAS RECENTLY CHGED 2 WEEKS AGO WITH 2 FELONIES FOR DRUNK DRIVING; SH ALSO WAS ADJ A HABITUAL OFFENDER IN FEB OF LAST YEAR AND THEN CAUGHT AGAIN IN FEB AND SPENT 47 DAYS IN JAIL THIS YEAR; ANYWAY 4 NIGHTS AGO SHE WENT TO JAIL AGAIN FOR DRIVING REVOKED. AND TODAY THIS LADY IS DRIVING AGAIN.....SHE DRIVES EVERYDAY
LIKE SHE HAD 10 DRIVER'S LICENSES..........
WHY DO THEY KEEP ALLOWING HER TO DO THIS?
SHOULD THAT NOT REVOKE HER BOND? ANYWAY I HEARD YESTERDAY FROM A NEIGHBOR THAT SHE IS LEAVING THE STATE IN 10 DAYS BEFORE HER 3 FELONY TRIAL COMES UP AT THE END OF AUGUST
I WOULD CALL THE POLICE BUT I'M SCARED OF GETTING ACCUSED OF HARASSMENT BECAUSE WE HAVE CALLED THEM LATELY EVERY TIME WE SEE HER DRIVING AND I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO GET IN TROUBLE BECAUSE I KNOW SHE THINKS I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS REPORTED HER.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Nice story. So, what's your question? Every town in America has an idiot like that - - nothing new. I know it's exasperating, especially when the rest of us were brought up with better values and a respect for the law. But, there's always a recalcitrant in the crowd.

Thanks for writing an blowing off some steam.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

D

dsut

IAAL is kinda right, but kinda wrong. There is always some kind of human trash that gets past the law somehow. But that doesn't mean that you havwe to take it either. Write a letter to the editor of the local paper. Call the local TV station and talk to the editor. And if you want to make a difference, make an anonymous report to the police. Yes, it can be done. Almost every county (if not city) in the US has a Crime Stoppers program. As for you getting in trouble with her for reporting her, I don't know what to say. Maybe you would get in trouble if you lied and she could prove it. But otherwise I think if she did it would be considered tampering/harassing witnesses.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">