• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is having a record mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KM

what is having a record mean? if the charges were dismissed but you was arrested do you have record?i went though the pre trial deversion program and the charges were dismissed but iam being told i have a record by my employer.thanks any advice would help.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If you went through such a program and the charges were dismissed, you should not have a record (criminal record of this). That is the point behind many of these pre trial programs.

Okay, you need to see if you have to get your record expunged (wiped clean). To do this, you need to go to a criminal law atty in your state and have them help you.

Try attorneypages.com or your state bar association (call 411).

hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">