• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Employment - Misdemeanor Theft - Bonding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JDugan

Eight years ago I was arrested shoplifting 10$ worth of product. Stupid kid I was (19). Five years ago was going to work for a bank but in the process of this found that the misdemeanor shoplifting charge was considered an act of distruct and was not able to be bonded. After that I proceeded to obtain a lawyer and he stated that the way to go was to obtain a pardon. I forget the reason but he said that it was better (or that I couldn't get) a expungment. We'll I thought it was cleared up seeing the pardon went well, but now I have a bank extending me an offer, and I am not sure what exactly a pardon does for me. Do I need to disclose this information to them? Can I even be bonded? Will this information show up on a background check. I called my lawyer from that time and he states that he does not know banking regulations so cannot answer my question, and of course he already has my money and will not persue it any further. I have been a well respected contract at this establishment, they want me to come on board + they will being bonding contractors as well. I'm between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to do. If I am SOL I would rather go out gracefully. Thanks for you help in advance. I've tried looking everywhere for an answer to no avail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">