• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander of a minor in Junior High

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lindystar

I live in Michigan. My son attends a public Jr. High school. He is 14 years old. I need your help because I believe what the staff and classmates are doing to him is wrong. In Nov. of 2000, my son(13) started seeing a girl who was 14, and in the same grade. She lived with her grandma, because of she was taken away from both parents at a younger age. I or we treated her like a daughter since her grandma, worked all the time. She was jealous of my son, husband and I for the relationship we all had. All the different kids, would come to my house, since I was home almost all the time. My son does have a lot of material things, since I became ill and had to stay home. I don't know if anyone knows the game hit for hit? And bitting each other? or any other of the horse playing out here today? I would tell them all to stop and kick them out if they wouldn't. We have now known this girl for about 11 months. She has problems but most kids do. Next thing ya know: One day she started saying that my son was beating her, so people would pay attention to her. They school got involved and called protective service. To make a long story short: Protective services found nothing wrong (I have tried to get a copy of the report and was told nothing was on our file)and the police report that was made was dropped. She admited to them all it was only horseplay. The problem now is that: all the kids at school harrass him along with the teachers and staff(he is a women beater?). I believe this is wrong, for a person or persons to make up lies (slander). My son says this doesn't bother him, but as a parent I see it does very much to have almost the whole school talking **** about you. How do I get it to stop it has been almost 4 months now? What can I do to the school staff? the school? the girl? the students? I thought slander was against the law? How do I get the reports that wrongfully slandered my son? Where is our rights? Please someone help?

D

dorenephilpot

The situation sounds unfortunate, but I do not see a legal cause of action here. Therefore, I would advise you to let it go.

Over the years, the other kids will see that your son is a good guy -- and they will also see that this girl is a flake.

Just be glad she didn't make sexual allegations.

If I were you, I'd keep my son away from her in the future, however, because it's only going to cause him trouble if the contacts continue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">