• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dstahl

If a person was written a misdeameanor poss. of marihuana ticket in 1995 released on own recog. and then picked up in yr.2000 for F. to Appear and the original poss. charge can the person be prosecuted for this 5 year old ticket?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

well, essentially, depends on the statute of limitations laws in your state, but also if you did fail to appear, then your original charge plus the new charge is okay to prosecute. you cannot get out of it.

Whole point of ROR is to have freedom until you appear. I.e., court trusted you. You messed that up, you pay the piper.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">