• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

needsadvice

How can I find out what is defined as 'civil harassment'?
My sons father's wife is constantly harassing me. Is there anything that I can do - an order -a restraint to keep her from talking to me or being around me?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Essentially, civil harassment is basically when someone harasses you, abuses you, stalks, etc. (non relation). I used to work for a domestic violence clinic. We would from time to time take civil harassment suits (like say a neighbor beats you up, or trespasses or threatens).

You have to be in fear of your safety, it must be legitimate, and it can't just be annoying. Legally speaking, telephone calls don't cut it alone.

You can get restraining orders with a legit civil harassment claim.
look up the definition by looking up your state in the state statutes section of freeadvice.com's homepage (at the top). type in harass under the civil code and see what comes up.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">