• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully pulled over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jingle55

i was pulled over and he officer asked me what the speed limit was, i replied 35mph, he replied no it is 25mph. the police report sais i was stopped for exceding the POSTED speed limit. I was arrested for dui, possesion of 2 joints, open container. I am 34and this is my first brush with the law. HERE IS THE QUESTION! The bar I left is 3-4 miles from where i git pulled over. The speed limit at the bar is 35mph. There is NO speed limit signs until another 1/2 mile PAST the point I got pulled over. then it drops to 25mph. In summary I got pulled over doing 35 in a 35mph zone when the officer thought it was 25 mpg. I have video taped the road until the 25mph sign. Should everthing get throw out? I would off never been pulled over and there fore i would never had a DUI and possesion. Thank you.

J

Jason Bentley

Hers's what you do.

Get a Video recorder & tape the exact route from the bar to the exact place you were pulled over. This will show evidence that there are no MPH signs changing the limit.

Next have an attorney file a motion to supress on a basis of an illegal stop. Argue that the reason why you wre pulled over is false( you have the tape evidence) & move to supress all evidence based on there was no probable case for the officer to stop or detain you. All charges should be dropped pursuant to the US IV amendment.

Cheers Jason!!:cool:

J

jingle55

Thanks jason! Do you have any websites that specilize in this, I am in Guam and any attorney I get is either related to half the police force or the others are leery of going up against the Guam Judges due to only a population of 155,000 and being blackballed in the LEO and Attorneys circles. I have a public defender and i am doing all the investigating my self.

H

Humble Warrior

GUAM? Holy crap are you in a wide world of crap!!!
Pack your friggin bags,tell your commander why you need an emergency exodus request,and get the F*** out of the country.
You are so screwed it isnt even funny......I'm not being sarcastic..........PACK YOUR SHI* & MOVE.....ASAP

L

lljnapa

Well.. that's reassuring!

HW
The guy cannot help where he lives. Do you think suggesting that he flee while he has a case pending is Good Advice?? That would only lead to warrants and more trouble down the road than he already has!
He needs to face the music to his crimes!
Yes, he may have been wrongly pulled over, but once the authorities find illegal contriband, it's a whole different ball game.
I doubt getting out of this is as easy as Jason has led him to believe. Videotape the route, indeed! Please.

H

Humble Warrior

Possession of drugs in Guam(I believe) is a capitol offense. A DUI (Again, I believe) is something like caining,and 20 years imprisonment. They are one of the only governments more insane than that in Pennsylvania.
I do know that we(Pa) are using these places (Guam,China,Saudi Arabia,Turkey,etc) as role models for our legal structure though.
Today,a Judge sentenced a female law student to 30 days in jail for "failure to appear for jury selection". She goes to school,and works full time.......he locked her up because she wasnt around to answer her phone for two days,asking where she was, or why she was absent.
There's justice for you!! He trashed her education,career,and she lost her job/income, all in one fell swoop......"Welcome to Nazilvania!!"

L

lljnapa

And...........

Humble Warrior said:
Possession of drugs in Guam(I believe) is a capitol offense. A DUI (Again, I believe) is something like caining,and 20 years imprisonment. They are one of the only governments more insane than that in Pennsylvania.
I do know that we(Pa) are using these places (Guam,China,Saudi Arabia,Turkey,etc) as role models for our legal structure though.
Today,a Judge sentenced a female law student to 30 days in jail for "failure to appear for jury selection". She goes to school,and works full time.......he locked her up because she wasnt around to answer her phone for two days,asking where she was, or why she was absent.
There's justice for you!! He trashed her education,career,and she lost her job/income, all in one fell swoop......"Welcome to Nazilvania!!"

And this has WHAT to do with the original poster's question about a potential error in being pulled over??
You're one angry dude, HW. Rather than venting on a message board, why don't you seek out some counceling to assist you in releasing some of your anger towards the legal system?
If you don't like the laws in PA - move. It's just that easy!

F

fedupwncprights

lljnapa

Who is angry, and venting on a message board? After checking out some of your posts, I have come to the conclusion that you do a lot of "venting" yourself.

JETX

Rules of the forum....
"**** U.S. LAW ONLY ****"

Case closed. Move on to something else.

C

curtisd

i believe guam is considered us territory much like puerto rico-anyone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">