• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SCARED GIRL

I'm 17 and last night I got stopped at a roadblock that was intentionally to catch kids going to and from a party. I was driving two 18 year old friends who were drunk and the officer smelled the alcohol on them when he checked my liscense. I told him I had not been drinking but he still made me take a Breathalyzer test. I actually had a few drinks at another party but I had stopped drinking 3 hours before and I had eaten a meal and drank about 6 cups of water. The first test came up as .01. He said he would do another one in about 10 minutes. The second one came up as .04. He said that he could have taken me to jail, but instead he gave me a citation for operating a motor vehicle while having previously consumed alcoholwhile under 21. He set my court date for Thursday 9/10/00. My first question is... 9/10/00 is a Sunday, not Thursday - what should I do about that?? Is there any chance that could help me? Second Question ... Do I need a lawyer? Third... Should I tell my parents? and Fourth... What type of punishment will I get?? Please help!!

D

DrunkN_MastR

What state are you in? I know in California they are real strict about this... I'm sorry to say that you have to face facts, you are under 21 and were drinking, which is not all that bad (if I were a cop I would have given you a break) but you were Driving! I would go with the actual numerical date btw... and as far as your parents go that would depend if they pay for your ticket and insurance... You will probably get your license suspended for a while (1 - 2 years I think...)

[This message has been edited by DrunkN_MastR (edited August 07, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">