• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Charges Off A Criminal Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

koopa

The state this happened in was WAshington-5 years ago I was charged with 4 degree assault-domestic violence, the arresting officier was the "victims" brother in law. My dad told me to get his business attorney to represent me and he had no idea of criminal defense. To get it over with, I plead guilty and paid the $100 fine that came with it. Now 4 years I realize I should have never of plead guilty, considering the circumstances and I also seen the light on what I want to do with my life and that includes having a criminal history check done-and because I would need to carry a firearm I cannot have any domestic assaults.Question-I want to get this changed either changed to just a plain 4 degree or dropped. This was my first offense, please let me know after I file the motion to get this dropped is the reason of me not knowing what I was being charged with, attorney that knew nothing, and tbe brother-in-law cop enough to bring to the judge to get this thing off my record???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">