• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation for truancy/dependency petition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wonder_y_46

I have received a citation for my daughter's truancy. She is claiming that she is suffering anxiety attacks. However, the psychiatrist says that there are no symptoms of such a disorder and suggested that I try for a dependency petition. What will that mean? There are a lot of issues here but basically will I lose my parental rights if I request a dependency petition through the court to have her placed as incorrigible? Will I have any say in what happens after the petition is filed? CYS has been contacted before and seems unwilling to assist me, who do I request the dependency petition from? Do I have to file charges against her in order to file this petition?:confused: Wonder_y_46

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">