• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drinking in another state......home liscence at risk?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CollegeKid

I am a 19 year old male who lives in Connecticut. Back in April I was visiting a friend who attends University of Scranton in Scranton, PA. When I was there I was arrested for "Possestion or Transportation of an Alcoholic Beverage by a minor". I was slightly intoxicated. I was not around other intoxicated individuals or driving, in a car, and I was not given any type of field sobriety test or breathalizer test. The officer simply stated I smelt like I had been drinking.
I read on the back of the summary of the violation that any individual charged under this and who plea's guilty is subject to a suspention of liscence. I plead not giulty to buy me some time, but I now have a court date scheduled for October.
I am writing to question if the suspention would affect my Connecticut drivers liscence, and how long a typical suspention due to something like this usually is? Is it worth fighting? I don't have any problem paying the fine, but I can't afford to have my liscense suspended. Thanks very much.

Mike D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">