• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drunk driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

guy in mich

Hello,

I was pulled over in Pontiac, Mi by a Bloomfield township police officer. He stated that I was exceeding the speed limit in Bloomfield Township, but I did not notice him behind me until I entered Pontiac city limits. I submitted to a breathalizer, was arrested and now face an ouil (operating under influence of liquor) and a ubac (unlawful blood alcohol content). I blew over a .10 in Pontiac, but at the station I blew a .1 and a .09.

I have no priors, and a sparkling clean driving record. Everyone I talk to tells me I will get an owi, (operating while impaired), which is a lesser charge, plus lower fines and costs.

Can I get it dismissed with a good attorney?

Thanks for responses - guy in michigan

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

guy in mich said:
Can I get it dismissed with a good attorney?
My response:

Oh, absolutely !

Didn't you know, the more money you pay, the greater your chances of complete acquittal will be? The amount of money you pay is in direct corelation to your eventual sentence. That's how criminal laws work, don'tchaknow.

Public Defender = Life sentence

Mid-experienced attorney = 30 days in Jail

Clarence Darrow = One weekend

Chief Justice Rose Bird = Acquittal

IAAL

Last edited:
if it is like oakland county if you record is squeeky clean no problem getting it reduced. you can do it alone but it is a little intimidating so pay up and have someone there with you, expecially helps when it comes to your probation. by the way getting it reduced to impared only works once in mi. the next time regardless it is a dui. so if your gonna drink take a taxi. you didnt say how old you are but i hope you are 21, otherwise it ain't gonna be pretty(i thought uabc was mostly for underage(0 toerance).

H

Humble Warrior

I agree with IAAL.

I worked in a mental institution for years until I was hurt, And a patient that spend 17 years on Death Row told me something very profound "The definition of Capitoil Punishment is self-explanitory....If you got duh' capitol....you don' get duh' punishment"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">