• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repeatedly Jailed, Adult Brother Making Threats to other Adults

• Thread starter FedUpInMichigan
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FedUpInMichigan

I'm a 24 year old women, who currently lives with my married parents at their request to wait until I am married before moving on my own.

My brother, who is 34 years old has been in and out of trouble his whole life (he is my half brother, my father's son and the only boy out of 4 children and two marriages.)

To make a very long story short, my brother has had many diffrent situations with the law, from several DWI, 3-4 DUI's, fleeing, failing to appear, domstic abuse on his wife (now divorced), children, girlfriends, family, friends, as well as many other what seem minor compaired to these. He is a heavy drinker and uses other drugs at times.

He was jailed for 9 months about 2 years ago for DUI, Assult on an officer, and voliance to his girlfriend & wife. He was divorced by the time he left jail.

Less than 3 months after he was let out, he was picked up for another DUI, was only charged and jailed for DWI, 3 months served with a 7 day a week work release, mostly because of my father's money and powerfull friends.

Again, my father bailed him out and gave him money, clothes, food, rent, ANOTHER car.. everything to make it "ok."

My brother did real good taking medication for his drinking and stayed sober, with employment and out of trouble for about 5 months or so. (Which is a record)

For the last 2-3 months he has been drinking A LOT again, driving (and had that right taken away since it was just last year he was arrested.) Managed to burn bridges with my fathers friends who helped him out so much last time he was in trouble. Lost his main job (still works some) and has been making threats again.

It's nothing new with him, he has threatened most of his friends and family, followed threw with some things, IE: Blowing HOLES in his house with his wife and children in it, fighting, ect....

I feel he is a murderer waiting to blow.

He was dating a girl that was one of my firends, friends. This girl had decided to leave him for her ex and was asking me about my brothers past, he painted such a pretty picture of his life and she was curious about it.
He never told her he was abusive to anyone, or that he had kids. I felt anyone who is dating someone should have the facts, know if that person is dangerous or not. I told her to be carefull, he is divorced, has 4 children, and has been jailed for beating women. (This was 2-3 months ago, when he 1st started drinking again)

He called my house last friday (that I share with my parents 3 out of 7 days a week, they have two homes.) He was very drunk and asked me if I was "Talking mean about him". I thought of it as a joke, forgetting saying anything 2 months ago, and said, no, I don't much talk of you at all. (We are nice with eachother since we are blood, but have never really been to close.)

To make a long story short his mouth kept running, and I told him several times we would talk when he wasn't trashed, he keept on, so I hung up. He called 4 more times, the last time leaving a message on the machine that he would teach me to mess with him, he'll just blow me away after he slanders my name all over my new town. (I just moved here last year, as he also did.. not living in the same homes, but a few miles apart.)

I looked at my mother (his step mom) who had been watching the whole ordeal, hit play on the machine and shook my head and errased the message, and told my father later when he came home, who told me to just ignore it, that my brother allready called him and he told him to sober up and call when he feels better. That was the end of it.

Now, as I said, he has a history of fighting, guns, drinking and hurting people. I am in this house 4 days a week by myself, no guns, no one else, just me and my dog! I am scared to death he will blow.

Then tonight (Monday) I talked with our older sister, whom I told the other day about what he said, and she told me he called his ex-wife and ex-mother in law and told them he would blow them away also if they didn't give him custody of the 4 kids (all under age 9, which he usually don't pay his child support for!).

He is off his edge again, and I don't feel safe, this home was just built, in the middle of woods on our 10 acers of land, and no one would hear me if I yelled for help. What can I do? Can I get in trouble for warning this girl and telling her my brother had been in trouble for abuse?

My father seems to be the only one who thinks he is all talk, every one else says worry, and worry now.

Please help!!!!

FedUpInMichigan!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">