• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Schools punishing kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katlyn

i live in illinois. our school is in the process of implementing a random drug, alcohol, and tobacco testing. they want to eventually implement a policy that if kids get caught drinking, doing drugs or smoking cigarrettes during the summer, that when school starts, they may suspend them from extracurrical activities. my question is, can they do this? if they are not in school or even signed up for school or any extracurriculal activities , how can the school possibly control what they do during the summer months, whem school is not in session? I would greatly appreciate any answers.

K

katlyn

punishing kids

to iaal or anyone else, i do not have any kids in 4th grade. my kid is 18 years old and will graduate this year. i asked the question because i live in this school district and i want to know how a school district can punish kids for something they may do during the summer months, when school is not in session? no one, including me want kids to drink, do drugs or smoke, but can you be with them 24-7. schools are already taking all rights away from kids, how can they control them during the summer.

D

DailyDrama

Instead of seeing it as taking rights away, especially since your child is 18, you should see it as a form of protection for you, your child, the children in your community, and especially the ones who are not using. Those who are using are the ones who have the possibility of ruining the lives of innocent people. Think about that and then think about their rights.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Taking drugs is not a right. Drinking at the age of 18 is not a right. Smoking - okay, I grant you that IF the kid is 18 that's legal, but a great many kids even in their senior year are not 18 yet, and for the ones who aren't, smoking is not a right. So just what rights are these kids losing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">