• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Treasurer of football club has taken money .. what now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zinzan

Hi,

This is the first time I've posted here and I'm not too sure whether or not it's in the right forum. I would really appreciate if someone could give their opinion on our predicement. It's like this:

Last season we entrusted one of the players girlfriends to look after the funds we collected through the season doing charity work/subs etc. It amounted to about £600 ($900) We intended using this money to pay for the referee's/football pitch/new kit this coming season. Having asked this women for the money for the last 10 weeks it's got to the stage where we're going to give her a deadline after which we'll be heading to the police.

My question is ... do we have any kind of recourse in the courts? (will the police be interested?) We did keep a book of weekly payments and there are over 15 people that'll vouch for their own weekly payments. Also, are we doing the right thing by doing this? Should we first put it in writing?

Thanks for any help.

Scott

------------------
*Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">