• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Road rage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kev220

My Girlfriend was harrassed while driving home the other night. Two girls were driving rather aggresivly not letting her merge out of a merging lane. The two women continued the harrassment by throwing things out of their car, finger gestures, and then verbal assults. My girlfriend got out of her car at the next red light approached the other car to find out why these girls were doing this. My girlfriend was pushed away from the other girls car by the driver in the drivers seat. They both then started to swat at eachother like girls do grazing eachother on the hands and arms. The car then drove off. My girlfriend then got into her car pulled over and cooled off. After cooling off she then continued to drive home. The girls had also pulled over futher up the road and seemed to be waiting for my girlfriend. As she passed them they started with the verbal assults again. Nothing more happened. About 30 minutes after she arrived home the police knocked on the door to let her know that the other girl, a 17 year old minor, wanted to press assult charges claiming she was attacked, with a small cut on the lip to prove it. The officer informed her that this was not a serious matter but that she needed to show up in court to explain her story to a judge. I want to be fully prepared before court. Will this hold up in court, what is the law on the situation, and will a picture of the girls supposed cut hold water even if it was taken some hour after the incident and not at the scene of the altercation. Any advice is greatly appreciated

U

Unreal

You know how many people have been hurt or killed by getting out of their car to confront someone ? When will people learn. Slow down, turn around, drive to the nearest police dept..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">