• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of possible phone scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sunny51379

I came home to a message on my answering machine from someone at a company called "International Check Services". She said that I needed to call back asap regarding a couple checks from Media Play (a local store). Well, I called and said that someone from that office had left a message for me. The lady on the other end then asked for my phone number starting with area code. When I gave it to her, she confirmed my name and said that she had two checks I had written to Media Play that had bounced. Well, first of all, I haven't been to that store in months, and secondly I always use my debit card, not checks, and my bank account has always been in good standings. I asked her for the check numbers and when they were written. Well, the check numbers were in the two hundreds and my checkbook is in the eight hundreds. When I told her that, she asked for my address to verify. Well, stupid me, gave it to her. Then she said, "Hmmm....well, what are the last four digits of your account?". Again, even stupider me gave those to her. My question is, can she do anything with that information to hurt me? Has anyone ever heard of that company? I can't find them listed under the BBB. Here's the phone number if you need it for research: 800-672-1013. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">