• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting record Expunged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daria

About two years ago my boyfriend and I were stopped for speeding in Ohio. He had recently moved to Ohio from out of state and had not gotten his Ohio license and had let his out of state license expire. We made a stupid decision to switch seats but as soon as the officer came to the car we admitted to switching seats. To make a long story short we both were charged with obstruction of justice. We plead guilty to the charge because we didn't know what else to do and didn't have the money for a lawyer nor the time to be in court. This was a fourth degree misdemeanor and we were given fines and suspended jail time. I now want to go back to school and get a degree in education, but this misdemeanor is standing in the way. Can I have it expunged? If so how do I go about doing this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">