• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work Ethics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chele

A friend at work is being talked about at work and alot of the stuff that the other person is saying is lies. Alot of people are looking down upon her for the things that this other person is saying.
Does she have a lawsuit for slander, and if so, would it be against the company since this all happened on company time...

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It could be against the company, if the company knew through the management and did nothing to stop it (i.e, hostile work environment).

This person needs an employment labor law attorney. They will then work with EEOC and not only file a complaint against this company, but the individuals, as well. Read the employment labor law heading and slander and libel section at the freeadvice.com homepage. They are listed in blue writing.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">