• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children caught shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Calif Mom

My son was caught shoplifting at a Virgin Records store. My daughter was with him but did not do the theft. My son was charged and is going to court at the end of this month. We recieved a letter from a lawyer charging $200 for each child for the possession of stolen property which was worth $25. Can they do that? Please advise.

Thank you,

P

peter

$200 each for a lawyer going to court thats very very reasonable...

Guess your kids are going to have to get a paper route, cut grass, and babysit a lot to pay you back

===========================

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Calif Mom:
My son was caught shoplifting at a Virgin Records store. My daughter was with him but did not do the theft. My son was charged and is going to court at the end of this month. We recieved a letter from a lawyer charging $200 for each child for the possession of stolen property which was worth $25. Can they do that? Please advise.

Thank you,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">