• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swissmiss

i'm 17 years old, i'll be 18 in november.i'm not american, but swiss.in my coutry i'm not considered a minor. my boyfriend is american and lives in california.he is 24. my question is, if i come to visit him in october, can he get in trouble for having sex with me? even if i consent and am not american? does the statutory rape law apply anyway? my parents know about it, so they wouldn't file but is it possible for somebody else to do it ? would my boyfriend go to jail ??
thanks a lot

A

AnnaMarie

I am not an attorney but see that you are 1 month shy of being 18 when you visit. I think legally he could be prosecuted but with our court being so crammed with other issues..no one would really care.In this country it is very common for this to happen and is accepted.Even if your parents changed their minds and decided to go to court..I don't feel that it would go anywhere.This is not legal advice..just my opinion

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">