• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Search leads later to Police Raid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jayling98

On April 11 the police came to my home saying there was a report of Domestic Violence. There was none, I told them it must have been a mistake. They ask to come in which I said no. Well they came in anyway. After they came in one of the cops said he was peeking through the window and saw me do a line and then hid it in a draw by the phone. Well they found a few traces and arrested me. I kept saying what happen to my rights-illegal search. They also looked throughout my home. Much later and off the record 2 of the cops said they saw a pipe and a scale with meth in my bedroom draw. Well, they left it there-maybe because of the illegal search. If I not correct, if the police find anything illegal they supposed to take it. Well time passed and the case never went to court. On May 15, I had a raid. This time they had a search warrent. They came in, they knew where to look. They seized 2 grams of Meth. My question here is of probable cause. Is the search warrent valid? Can I have the evidence suppressed. The police left the evidence the first time because of the illegal search and the case probably wouldn't hold. So they came again with a warrent based on what the cops had found but left. One could argue as they knew what was there and left it, then one must believe it's ok to have! Another arguement, if they came in illegaly and found bombs and missles in my bedroom, would they leave it till later knowing the risk of it being used. I don't think so. So again my question is the search warrent valid, it's orginally based on an illegal search, it there probable cause, and can the evidence be surpressed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">