• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

evidence suppression -please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

palm

I live i florida and i was pulled over at a routine traffic stop, like where they pull over every third car, well it was at night and they were pulling people over and you had to make a right and turn down this residential road. i didn't see it so i made a legal u-turn and pulled over respectfully. while they were checking my license, they had dogs on the scene and asked to search my vehicle. i didn;t know if i could say no, so i said yes. they didn't find anything in the car, but then they had the dog sniff me and i had 2grms. of marijuana on me. I never gave them consent to search me. can they search a vehicle without probable cause? i had done nothing wrong! The evidence was not in plain sight and i did not give them consent to search my person. Can the evidence be suppressed??
My lawyer just wan't me to take a class and get 6 months of drug testing to have it dismissed or pay and get it withdrawn, but i don't see how the search was legal! Even if you could help me find information regarding the legalities of those traffic stops or info on search & seizure - It would help me sooo much!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">