• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help - Fraud and Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arhemed

I have found a check in the mail box for $970 of an adanded house. I forged the signature on the checka and then I deposided the check, and then took all they money out. The police know about it. I am gonna go to the station monday. What could happend to me? I live in Massachusetts.

P

peter

WeLL you should have the $970 avialable to pay it back, then what can they really do?

Why are ya gonna go to the station?

Pay it back, first

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arhemed:
I have found a check in the mail box for $970 of an adanded house. I forged the signature on the checka and then I deposided the check, and then took all they money out. The police know about it. I am gonna go to the station monday. What could happend to me? I live in Massachusetts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

U

urgonnagoaway

Ask my friend...she spent a year in state prison for doing the same thing. If you are stupid go without a lawyer. you are screwed man especially without a lawyer.

A

arhemed

I have the $970 to pay it back. But I thought that its crime to steal from a mailbox. Then I forged the signature and deposided the check. Can I go to jail for it? Comunity service? Somekind of a fine?
Please help.

P

peter

Well you are going to need alot more then the $970 to pay a lawyer to negotiate a settlement.

If the lawyer speaks on your behalf, that you have the money to pay it back, maybe you can get community service, but if you go to the police, you will go to jail.

==========================

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arhemed:
I have the $970 to pay it back. But I thought that its crime to steal from a mailbox. Then I forged the signature and deposided the check. Can I go to jail for it? Comunity service? Somekind of a fine?
Please help.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A

arhemed

The only reason, why I am going to the police is the youth officer called my house. He didnt say why he wanted to talk to me. When I called back, the secretary said that he is on vocation, and he will be back on Monday. So on Monday I will go to the officer and tell him what happend. Why would I go to jail?

A

arhemed

I am also not a citizen of United States. Can I get deported?

P

peter

WE DONT WANT NO CRIMINALS IN OUR COUNTRY

Thats what they are looking for any excuse to deport you..so you'd better hire a lawyer on MONDAY...and do not go in without one or you will be screwed.

--------------

I am also not a citizen of United States. Can I get deported?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A

arhemed

When the cop called my house, he didnt say why he wanted to talk to me. So I am pretending that I dont know why the cop needs to talk to me. If something is bad, then I can call a lawyer from the station.
If I dont get deported, then what can happpen? What can a lawyer say, to make them change their mind?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">