• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor charged with DWI and MIP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mkgibson

I live in the state of MO. I am 17. I was pulled over in my driveway for speeding. I had been drinking, but I wasn't drunk. The officer came to the window, asked for my license and registration, and proceeded to ask me to go back to his car because he could smell alcohol. He asked me questions about how much I drank, and if there was beer in the vehicle. He asked me several time and I told him there was none, even though there was. I finally told him that there was. He ran me through the FST(feild sobriety test) and I passed the ABC's and the finger test. He went and got the beer out of the vehicle and returned. I hadn't been drinking for two hours, and the beer wasn't mine, it was my two passengers'. He asked me to step out of his car, so I did and he made me walk the invisible line, in gravel and 10-15 MPH winds. I didn't do too bad, but he then cuffed me and placed me under arrest for DWI and MIP and put me back in the car. He placed the other two under arrest for DWI, but didn't put them in cuffs. We drove to the highway patrol office and went through the breathalizer test. There were 4 cops there, a state HP, a deputy sheriff, and two city cops, even though we were out of city limits. After many hours of paperwork, I was sent home with my parents. I need to know what to do.

JETX

First off, assuming you got your ass whipped for being a punk kid, you need to get a pillow so that you can sit down.

Now, with that taken care of... consider hiring an attorney to represent you in this CRIMINAL matter. That could cost you anywhere from a few hundred to a couple thousand... so, get a job to pay your parents back.

Finally, learn from all this and don't drink underage, don't drive drunk, don't drive with drunks, don't carry alcohol in your car.... etc.

H

Humble Warrior

Well.....lets see herrrrrrrre.......UhmmmmI totally agree with Halknet,and the cop cant charge ALL of you with DUI......MIP maybe.......but not DUI. Only one person has control of the vehicle.....that would be the person in the drivers seat, or in possesion of the keys.
As for the rest of it......consider it a freebie.........your young,your under the age limit,you start a new record shortly...........dont screw it up!! LEARN SOMETHING!! (getting it now?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">