• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get Immunity from prosecution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brenda 365

I am in the process of getting a divorce and when searching for assets (vehicles) I came across paperwork showing my husband and his friend had filed a fraudulent vehicle loss claim. I do NOT want to be prosecuted for what he did and I DO have proof I was not in any way involved, but I don't know who to call. I am also afraid that if I DON'T report it now that I will be charged with being an accessory after the fact. I tried talking to my divorce attorney and he told me to leave it alone or I risk getting myself in trouble and having my disabled daughter placed in foster care if I am arrested over this. Anyone have ANY advise on what I should do??

------------------
Bren~

[This message has been edited by Brenda 365 (edited August 14, 2000).]

W

WIEMT

I would follow the advice of your attorney. However, if you have proof that you were not involved I would definately hold on to it, just in case you need it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">