• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a good deal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jerry jones

A friend was charged with attemped murder
aggravated assult,assult with a deadly weapon
The story goes is that the shot gun fired while she sat in her jeep ,when the gun dishcharged it struck her in the rear end.MY friend started first aid and called 911.
Plea bargian deal is 20years.
P.S. He has never been in trouble before
he's in his early fiftes.
From INDIANA

P

peter

Sure it's a GREAT DEAL, the guy is a dumb ass redneck, and deserves even more time.

OF course you know people with guns DONT SHOOT criminals...nahhhhhhhhhh they shoot their girlfriends!

-----------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jerry jones:
The story goes is that the shot gun fired while she sat in her jeep ,when the gun dishcharged it struck her in the rear end.MY friend started first aid and called 911.
From INDIANA
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I

IlliniosGuy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jerry jones:
From INDIANA
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me attempted murder is an incorrect charge. According to Illinois statutes I believe the the maximum numbers of charges would be three. Aggr. Assualt, Unlawfull use a weapon, and Unlawful discharge of a weapon. If memory serves me correct they all are class 3 felonies with 4-7 year sentencing. See my post and lawyer response from last week on this board. But if you were hunting and this was a complete accident and your wife isn't pressing charges I would think a plea might be much better than that. You may be a victim of a hotshot anti-gun states attorney looking for another notch on his barrel(they don't want you to have guns, but I bet he's excercising his concealed carry right). Get a good lawyer, call the NRA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">