• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

they wont send me my W2 form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mildlysedate

A previous employer will not send me my W2 form after I have contacted them more than one time. I was told "if" they came across my W2 they would contact me.....the reason being that thier offices have moved recently and they dont know whether they have unpacked it or not. By law, aren't you as an employer required to mail them by Jan 31??? What action can I take to either make them send it to me or not risk a fine for filing too late???

L

loku

I suggest you attach to your return, Form 4852, which is a substitute for a W2. But first contact the IRS and notify them of the problem. Call them at 1-800-829-1040. If the employer withhold taxes, the employer is liable to the IRS for that amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">